Monday, February 15, 2010

more fickle & larky...

...from our past few days:
***
we have this thing where we will sing songs while i am driving. one of our favorites is "i love my ______ & my ________ loves me". the blanks could be "momma', "sister", "wrenner", "daddy", "neanea", etc. the little song's last line is "i'm going to give him/her a __________". the original words are "a big hug". but here are some of the recent fill-ins: "great big tuba" (by wren", "little doggie named ruby" (by linnea). but my favorite from last week was this one by linnea: "i love my daddy and my daddy loves, my daddy loves me! i love my daddy and my daddy loves me, i'm going to give him a wren's white kitter to plunder!" (nearly every night, the daddy will take one of the girls' favorites stuffies, usually it is wren as he gets the biggest reaction from her...) and places it on his shoulder and says "plunder!")
***
when told to eat her potatoes during our valentine's day dinner on friday evening, linnea politely answered that her potatoes "did not want to go to the party in her tummy". (that's a "go gabba gabba" reference for those of you without a toddler...). do you think she had to eat those potatoes?
***
this happened a number of days ago, but still makes me laugh: president obama mispronounced "corpsman" as "corpse-man"numerous times during a prayer breakfast. (not that i myself have not mispronounced a word or two when i read scripture...)
***
opening ceremonies of the olympics: one word: amazing! we all enjoyed watching in its entirety. well, the girls did not make it much past the first few team marches, so they missed the parts they would've enjoyed the most...that were my favorite moments: sarah maclachlan's performance of "ordinary miracle". she has long been one of my all-time favorite musical artist! then there was kd lang's beautiful & haunting rendition of leonard cohen's "hallelujah"...i had forgotten what a deep, rich range kd has! and that song is a favorite of mine...whether it is an accoustic cover by jeff buckley, or by american idol contestant jason castro, or my friends jill & jeremy's basement version, or the versions played in "shrek" or on tv shows such as "the west wing", "er", "the oc". i am (obviously) a big fan!
***
the girls were playing together downstairs earlier and they came stomping upstairs "for more things"...and linnea came to tell me that they were playing "mythbuster girls". perhaps i need to put an ix-nay on some of the daddy shows they watch with him??
***
wren got invited to her first boy friend's birthday party (please note that is "boy friend" as in a friend who is a boy; not a "boyfriend"...we will not be even joking about that for at least 20 years okay?) last week. and she was concerned that her sister would feel left out at the bouncy-house place...so she took it upon herself to ask the boy's mom if her sister could bounce, too. luckily i was within earshot and explained to the mom what wren meant...and luckily for linnea, the mom said she could come and bounce too! so, i guess i should've started this paragraph by saying that "both girls got invited to...", huh? and, yes, linnea brought the birthday boy a gift, too.
***
this morning while watching a show with the girls, there was a commercial for a new barbie...it is called "barbie potty training pups". yep, you and barbie can potty train these little pups...after feeding them a bottle of water...oh my! since we have a real dog, i am certain that is one barbie that need not come to our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment