Wednesday, May 5, 2010

it's all in a day...

this is from yesterday, actually...during nap/quiet time wren chose to clean up her room, make her new bed and line of her best bud-buds at the end of her new bed!
below is an updated photo of the "bawk! bawk! chickenhawk" birds in our window box (please note:  these are NOT chicken hawks, or any kind of hawk for that matter, nor are they chickens, or robins, or bluejays.  if i had to guess...i'd say they are sparrows.).  okay, next photo, please!
the girls helped pick out and make "mother's day" gifts for the 3 aunties yesterday.  and today, we delivered these pretties.
these are my two lil honeys before we went into the rose for wren's final preschool field trip.
this is right outside the rose, with a friend/classmate of wren's.
and this one below is after the play ("if you give a cat a cupcake" - was fabulous!!  wren got to sit with friends a few seats from me, with one of her teachers at the end to keep an eye on students...and at the part where the yeti, aka abominable snowman, started to roar and come out, wren's knees went up to her chin, and the teacher asked her if she was ok, to which wren answered, "yeah, i've seen rudolph."  very matter-of-factly...her teacher thought that was hysterical.   as do i!).  and yes, linnea would not stand under the tree with her sister because she decided, at that moment, she does not like grass.  nevermind that 45 minutes later she was frolicking in g-r-a-s-s.  shhhhhh!  don't tell her...
this is in the old market after our lunch with the daddy.  nea's knee is up and she is strategically pointing out her "street" bandaids (fyi:  "street" is short for "sesame street").
after lunch, we enjoyed a stroll through gene leahy three girls went down the slides a few times.  some kids, adults and probably the daddy laughed at us.  we did not care!  we saw the bucket fill with water and spill out.  we saw the triangle art.  we crossed the bridge to see the swans, duck and catfish (not sure if that is actually the kind of fish those were, but that's what wren said, so i'm sticking to that, too).  we walked under the waterfall.  we walked and walked and it was very nice!  and then we went to deliver those flowers in the first photo.  which almost went without incident.  until that last flowers.  nea lost her balance and dropped them.  luckily it was just dry dirt to clean up off the office's carpet...she was much more concerned about the dirt that got on her sandals and whether the flowers would be okay.  so, i guess it was good that we divided our concerns, huh?!

as we were driving home, nea had a large rubberband that she was putting around her tongue and then rolling it down and off her tongue.  when i asked her to stop and give me the rubberband, she told me this:  
"momma...i am getting the spray off my tongue and i am not done yet."
i had no answer so she continued a few more times until, apparently, she'd gotten all the "spray" off.

after we got home and relaxed for awhile...the daddy came home and made dinner while i ran a quick-ish errand.  when i got back certain girls were picking at their food.  that is until the daddy brought out the "big bribery":  little debbie nutty bars!

these next photos were taken at the request of the girls.

the first is the rest of wren's pink milk and her nutty bar, before she chomped it!
and this is how she eats that nutty bar.  coincidentally, i sometimes eat mine the exact same way:  chew off the chocolate first and then eat the wafers and peanut butter!  of course, i do not put it in my mouth quite like she is...but still, mostly the same.
and, these are the vegetables that took nea
finish eating.
but, finish she did.  it was hard for her not to finish since her sister sat right across from her enjoying her nutty bar.  they are both now full of nutty bars and downstairs with the daddy.  playing a computer game before they continue listening to him read "the hobbit".
today most certainly falls in the

No comments:

Post a Comment